Management, preparation and response protocol for Coronavirus(2019-nCov)
For the Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ), our priority is the health and well-being of our passengers, partners, and staff.
As it’s known worldwide, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the outbreak of a new Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), identified last January, in the city of Wuhan, China.
This is why, as a prevention measure, the Punta Cana International Airport, working hand in hand with the Ministry of Public Health of the Dominican Republic, has activated its security protocol, taking the necessary measures and proper responses after identifying the first case of Coronavirus in the country, we now have the proper equipment and qualified personnel to apply all procedures established by protocol.
To identify possible or any suspicious cases to / identified in the entry of travelers who may be incubating the disease, the following measures have been taken, executing the procedures directed by the Ministry of Public Health:
- Installation of Thermo-graphic Machine in the Terminals of arrivals and/or transit of passengers. Terminal A, Terminal B, VIP Terminal and FBO Terminal.
- Establishment of a monitoring station with trained personnel from the Ministry of Health.
- Isolation room for initial inspection by the Ministry of Health staff.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment for personnel that will be exposed to possible cases detected both in the isolation room and all detection points
- Public Health Ambulances for the safe transfer of possible cases of symptomatic travelers.
- Equipped with the necessary tools for transfers to the Hospitals assigned by the Ministry of Health.
- If necessary, the Internal Ambulances of the Airport will be available.
- A functional public health emergency contingency plan at the points of entry to respond to public health events.
- In strategic locations of the terminal’s installation of Antiseptic Gel dispensers with a degree of alcohol greater than 60%.